Please scroll down to register!
Rhythm Kids students learn to compose, choreograph, and conduct as they play—and play with!—djembes, other percussion instruments, and their first instruments (their voices and bodies). When parents and caregivers choose to attend class (not required), they not only enhance their children’s learning but also have a great time singing, moving, and drumming themselves.
Honoring both cultural traditions from around the world and all children’s birthright to develop Basic Music Competence, Rhythm Kids classes include:
- Immersion in the rhythmic “language” of cultures from six continents (sorry, Antarctica!);
- Playful, developmentally-appropriate music games;
- Opportunities to lead, balanced with opportunities to collaborate;
- Rich, creative experimentation and expression, improvisation and innovation;
- Deep exposure to music that is both complex and fun;
- A carefully-constructed three-year Animal Song Curriculum (from Alligators and Tree Frogs to Elephants and Kangaroos);
- Expert teachers, award-winning materials, and a worldwide Rhythm Kids community.
"I love the program. The music alone is sophisticated and diverse - it's so good for children to hear and learn these types of songs. I teach my daughter piano myself and Rhythm Kids supports all I am doing, plus gives her a solid foundation in the whole music experience; singing, movement, rhythm and early theory." - Rhythm Kids Parent
"I'm a piano teacher and this feels so right to me. It's building musicians first, rather than teaching a single instrument first. It's the magic of doing vs hearing. The play-based approach, the internalizing of the concepts by repetitive, fun, social music-making is key!" - Rhythm Kids Teacher
Dates and Tuition
Spring Pre-registration (for currently enrolled families) begins March 1st.
Spring Open Enrollment (for new and returning families) begins March 8th.
Day of Week: